For all those engaged in lawn mowing business selection of a quality lawn mower is highly important to make the mowing season a profitable venture. If your current lawn mower is not helping you for taking your business to next level then the machines discussed in this article Best Commercial Zero Turn Mower On The Market will make your targets easy and achievable for you.
Lawn mower market offers different choices such as electric, corded, walk-behind, riding, rotary and reel mowers. But for commercial mowing you need to make the mowing process time efficient as well energy efficient. There are different mowing orders you have to complete with very tight time budget.
If your mowing machine is slow or not capable of accessing the difficult areas easily then it will waste a lot of your time. So to eliminate this hurdle of difficult area access you need a quality zero turn lawn mower. There are different brands offering zero turn lawn mowers. In this post will pick only those products that are extremely famous and the current users are satisfied with their performance.
And this selection process we will also consider the price. Does the mower features deserve the price? So these two factors current users’ satisfaction ratings and price will be the main factors for declaring a machine investment worthy.
Best Commercial Zero Turn Mower On The Market
1 Ariens IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower 23hp Kawasaki FR691 Series #915223
- Product brand name:- Ariens
- Product Model Number: 915223
- Powered by gasoline
- Premium 23HP/726cc Kawasaki FR Series OHV Engine:
- For cleaning mowing experience the mower comes with rotating metal grass chopper screen, smart enough to keep the debris out.
- This machine offers exceptional hassle free maneuvering; equipped with full pressure lubrication system with full-flow filter.
- Perfect design, smooth maneuvering making it an ideal mowing machine for performing its job even in the dirtiest conditions.
- Dual Hydro-Gear™ EZT Hydrostatic Drive System
- There is no need for shifting as the mower works in effortless and smooth style
- Fan cooled 10cc pumps and wheel motors on each drive wheel
- 52-Inch, 3-Blade Fabricated Mower Deck
- The mower 10 gauge steel deck is robust, highly rust resistant enabling it to serve its jobs for many years to come with less repair and maintenance
- There is no excess deck movement because of the mower 4 point dual arm hanging system.
- You can adjust the deck height from your seat with help of mechanical foot lift
- Best-In-Class Cut Height Dial Selection
- The mower 13-positions cutting height adjustment setting with ¼ inch increment makes the process of giving your lawn an aesthetic shape extremely easy.
- The cutting height range is from 1.5 inch to 4.5 inch, and all this is done with simple turn dial.
- Fully Tubular 3-Inch Frame
- This zero turn lawn mower comes with dependable welded joints for exceptional longevity and strength.
- Material decrease of chassis flex ensures enhanced mowing and hassle free maneuverability
- Adjustable Plush High-Back Seat With Arm Rests
- The mower simple lever adjuster allows the user to set the seat according to his comfort
- The mowers armrests in flexible three directions
- 300 LB. Max Towing Capacity
- Product weight: 635 pounds
- Product size: 77.5 length x 63.4 width x 40.9 height inches
- 3 years consumer’s engine warranty
- 90 days commercial user’s engine warranty
Note: this product is not available for sale in California.
- Engine Brand: Kawasaki
- Engine Cycle: 4-Cycle
- Starting System: 12-Volt Key Start
- HP: 23 HP
- Fuel Tank Size: 2.8 Gallons
- CC: 726 CCs
- Oil Filter: Yes
- Engine Cylinders: 2 Cylinders
- Backed By 90 Days Commercial User’s Warranty
- Protected With 3 Years Consumer’s Warranty
- Battery Included: Included
- Battery Voltage: 12 Volts
- Battery Type: Lead Acid
- Speeds: Variable
- Maximum Speed: 7 MPH
- Maximum Reverse Speed: 3 MPH
- Drive Wheels: Rear Wheels
- Transmission Type: Hydrostatic
- Drive System: EZT Transaxles w/ 1″ Axle
- Cutting Options: 3-in-1 (Side-Discharge/Bag/Mulch)
- Deck Material: 10-Gauge
- Deck Construction: Welded
- Spindle Material: Steel
- Blades: 3 Blades
- Deck Positions: 13 Positions
- Cutting Height: 1.5-4.5 Inches
- Cutting Width: 52 Inches
- Engagement: Warner Electric
- Deck Drive: Belt
- Deck Lift System: Manual Foot Operated
- Front Tire Size: 11 x 4 Inch
- Rear Tire Size: 18 x 8.5 Inch
- Tire Type: Pneumatic Wheels
- Rear Bagger: Sold Separately
- Arm Rests: Included
- Hour Meter: Included
- Seat Type: High Back w/ Seat Springs
- Headlights: Sold Separately
- Hitch: Sold Separately
- Mulcher Kit: Sold Separately
- Weight: 635 Pounds
- Product Width: 56.0 up/63.5 down Inches
- Product Length: 77.5”
- Product Height: 41.0 “
- 90 Days Commercial Warranty
- 3 Years Consumer Warranty
- UPC: 751058042961
This Ariens IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower 23hp Kawasaki FR691 Series #915223 comes reliable working features. Its current users are satisfied with its performance. So if you are looking for a reliable zero turn lawn mower then this Ariens Mower is the best option to consider.
Also Read: Best Lawn Mower For 1 Acre Lot
2 Husqvarna Z254 54 in. 26 HP Kohler Hydrostatic Zero Turn Riding Mower
- Product model number: Z246
- Color: Orange
This Husqvarna zero turn lawn mower comes with SmartSwtich ignition system. It offers the convenience and reliable security of key less starting. Further it supports the operating feedback on safety systems and one touch battery charge status plus headlight operation.
23hp 747cc Kohler Confidant Engine
It offers smooth power output. The operation is quieter when compare to competing models. The robust construction makes it fit for serving your mower powerful supply needs for many years to come. The engine full pressure lubrication system with full flow filter ensures excellent performance. It comes with 3.5 gallon fuel tank. The fuel tank is equipped with view window for hassle free monitoring of fuel level.
Air Induction Mowing Technology
For exceptional level of cutting performance this lawn mower comes with Air Induction Mowing Technology. This air induction mowing technology makes possible air drawn from the top as well as bottom of the deck for hassle free grass lifting that makes possible superior cut.
Reinforced Steel Cutting Deck
The mower stamped cutting deck comes with robust construction; the reinforced deck with heavy flat stock steel making rock solid for long lasting performance. This robust constructed deck stays sharp and extremely resistant to rust and corrosion. You can use it for all types of grasses without any problem.
Zero Turn Steering System
The zero turn steering system, the individual hydraulic wheel drive ensures accurate maneuvering. It makes possible for the mower to rotate around its own axis, complete freedom of turning radius.
Commercial Drive System
Hydro-Gear’s ZT3400 series commercial transmissions of the mower make possible higher ground speeds with exceptional smooth performance and they are also fully serviceable.
Maintenance Free Transmission
It comes with durable and long lasting maintenance free integrated zero turn transmissions.
- Engine Brand:- Kohler Courage
- Starting System:- 12-Volt Key Start
- Engine Cycle:- 4-Cycle
- HP:- 23 HP
- CC:- 725 CCs
- Fuel Tank Size:- 3.5 Gallons
- Engine Cylinders:- 2 Cylinders
- Oil Filter:- Yes
- Consumer Engine Warranty:- 3 Years
- Battery Included:- Included
- Cutting Options :- 3-in-1 (Side-Discharge/Bag/Mulch)
- Deck Material :-13-Gauge
- Deck Construction :- Stamped
- Spindle Material :- Aluminum
- Blades :- 2 Blades
- Deck Positions :- 6 Positions
- Cutting Width :- 46 Inches
- Cutting Height :- 1.5-4.0 Inches
- Deck Lift System :- Manual Hand Operated
- Engagement :- PTO Electric
- Deck Drive :- Belt
- Front Tire Size:- 11 x 4 Inch
- Front Axle:- Swivel
- Rear Tire Size:- 18 x 7.5 Inch
- Tire Type:- Pneumatic Wheels
- Speeds:- Variable
- Maximum Speed:- 6.5 MPH
- Maximum Reverse Speed:- 3.5 MPH
- Drive Wheels:- Rear Wheels
- Transmission Type:- Hydrostatic
- Drive System:- Hydrostatic
- Weight:- 580 Pounds
- Product Length:- 75.0 Inches
- Product Width:- 0 up/56.0 down Inches
- Product Height:- 0 Inches
- Consumer Warranty:- 3 Years
Also Read: Best Rding Lawn Mower For Tall Grass
Information About Zero Turn Mower
Zero turn lawn or commonly known as Z-turn is a standard riding lawn mower comes with a turning radius that is effectually zero. Zero turn mowers are especially important for commercial users making possible professional lawn mowing service. These lawn mowers are loved for their features such as hassle free maneuverability, high top speeds and easy use.
Majority of zero turn lawn mower are especially designed for industrial or commercial applications but in market you will also find some machines perfect for practical residential use.
For small lawn owners zero turn lawn mower might not be worth the investment. But for all those folks who have a lot of ground to cover then it could be worth the investment. The mower selection process is greatly influenced by the size of your lawn. The following size based suggestion might be useful for you;
- For half an acre yard size; reel mower, electric power or battery powered mower is the best option
- For ½ an acre up-to an acre yard size: a powerful gas powered push lawn mower is ideal
- And between one and three acres landscape; the riding mower is best
But for all those people with big lawn but little patience and on tight time budget the just the riding lawn mower might not be an ideal choice. They will look for a machine that not only eliminating the walking hassle but also ensures easy access to difficult areas of your lawn such as under trees, edges etc. This is the reason that the lawn owners or people engaged in this business look for machine to handle these things in hassle free style resulting in saving of substantial amount of time.
The main benefit of zero turn mowers is saving of material amount of time. Time is money and one of the important resources of many businesses. So if you have lawn mowing business then you will need a commercial zero turn mower for saving material amount of time making possible for you to complete all your contracted projects on time.
One of the users of zero turn lawn mower explains his experience in following words;
“Switching from riding lawn mower to zero turn riding lawn mower curtails my mowing time by 70 percent.”
As mentioned above zero turn mower can save you substantial amount of time especially in those cases when you are engaged in mowing a land with lot of difficult to access areas such as under trees and shrubs. Zero turn mowers save time because of its hassle free handling and maneuvering. Furthermore z-turn mower allows cutting closely the grass around obstacles such as flowerbeds, trees and bushes eradicating the need of weed whacker for trimming so you just need one tool for all your lawn mowing work.
The level of obstacles and floral existence will substantially influence your decision making process when you going to choose a most appropriate machine for your lawn. The cutting deck size factor is extremely crucial in selecting this z-turn mower. If your zero turn mower comes with very large cutting deck then it could make the maneuvering lot difficult. And for your mower it would not be easy to tackle little nooks. If your mower’s deck is too narrow then you would not achieve the purpose of mowing a big space within less time. So the decision making process will take into account both these factors. Options such as cruise control and different mowing friendly attachments found in different models also deserve attention.
Also Read: Best Riding Lawn Mower For Rough Terrain
Zero Turn Mower Drawbacks
Zero turn lawn mower makes the maneuvering and mowing process easy. Despite of many advantages of this mower type it also shares some downsides. Let’s explore some the salient drawbacks of this machine.
- Zero turn lawn mower is not a best option for all those yards that have slope at angles greater than 10 to 15 degrees. Zero turn yard mower is not a safe option in these sloppy areas because it could roll over.
- Another problem you can face with this mower is when you use it on wet surface. If you use this machine on wet terrain then there are the chances of sliding and losing control. Further the mower can also damage the landscape because of its weight when you use it on wet terrain. So for safe use it is important to use this machine on amply dry terrain.
- Pollution is another issue you need to consider when buying zero turn mower. According to EPA running a typical gas powered yard mower for one hour generates the same amount of smog generating hydrocarbons as an average car produces when driving for 200 miles.